Sunday, May 22, 2011

Jika error menjalankan NetBSD dan OpenBSD di virtualbox

http://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26275

Re: BSD and problems installing

by jgribbin » 6. Sep 2010, 10:36
I have to start it in a terminal window (actually alt-f2 works as well) w/ :

[jimg@dartangnan ~]$ VBoxSDL --norawr0 --startvm NetBSD

There are 2 dashes in front of the switches, you only appear to have 1.

I do this for both the install and to run it after the install. I had to connect the install ISO to do the install, then disconnect the ISO to run the installed OS. Running Virtual Box in this manner appears to eliminate the opportunity to use F12 to select the boot medium.

I am doing this on Fedora 12. If doing this in Windows, i suspect you should be able to do "start run" then enter what I have. I don't have a Windows box at the moment to check it.

The --norawr0 tells it there is no ring 3, at least according to the
documentation. --norawr3 would mean it has no ring 0. I know this sounds
backwards, but that's what the documentation I found says.

I believe this "ring" stuff has to do with protected modes in the processor. I'm not enough of a CPU guru to be certain.

Maybe someone on the list knows how to put this in Virtual Box's setup so that it can be
started in the usual way Virtual Box is set up for.

Jim G

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.virtualbox.org/manual/ch03.html#id457899
OpenBSD

Requires hardware virtualization to be enabled. Versions 3.7 and later are supported. Guest Additions are not available yet.

No comments: